Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tomorrow is too late.

"You never look me in the eye"
echoed through the halls of my being
How could I ever tell you,
it was always an eclipse?

Now I understand;
Never was there a worse notion,
to shield than to burn

Our bodies nestled like dolls
I will radiate; but i cannot touch you
Nothing is permanent.
not even save memory
We permeate the air

I asked the moon to reveal your location
last night on my window ledge
She stared back as to ask
'Where is he not?"

I've been wandering with no particular destination
contemplating our last eclipse
what did the paper say?
about your astral projection today.

But knowing damn well
Tomorrow i will be yesterday's refuse..

I reach out still
Shiny and new every morning
Hoping one day
the stars in my eyes
are still worth some token of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment